PDA

View Full Version : Big Trout Eats a Hellhound

Red Childress
11-15-2010, 07:49 AM
While musky fishing on Saturday, we had this 27 inch brown eat a Hellhound.

Anzomcik
11-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Thats great! the bait is 1/3 the size of the fish!

McDunnoftheAllegheny
11-15-2010, 04:30 PM
oh man thats cool!

Esoxman
11-15-2010, 04:45 PM
What a beautiful Brownie!! Great "bonus" fish. That's another aspect of Musky fishing that I just love. The biggest of the biggest in almost all species will take these larger baits. I've heard of several very big Largemouths that fell for Musky baits this year. I have a good friend who took a real nice 32" walleye on a Musky-sized X-Rap last fall while river fishing for Muskies.

allegheny river kid
11-15-2010, 05:51 PM
Awesome fish! Congrats to the angler!! I must admit i would probably rather see that fish hit a hellhound then a musky...call me crazy

Red Childress
11-16-2010, 08:02 AM
You ain't crazy (unless I am crazy) cuz I love big browns too.

As for big baits = big fish......we have had giant walleye, big trout, monster perch and several big bass taken/followed very recently on this message board. On the flip side, some of the largest muskies ever caught in the world were caught by walleye guys trolling 4-5 inch stickbaits. Go figure.

Ivan
11-16-2010, 02:41 PM
It's amazing how you can catch some huge mistake species fishing for muskie. Just think how big of a bait a muskie will try to eat if you can catch a trout on a hellhound.

Over the years we have caught some nice mistakes fishing for muskies. The list includes: 7lb smallmouth, 13lb walleye, 35lb flathead, and 58" Sturgeon (although that was snagged)