PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Butler Show

catchandrelease
11-15-2010, 07:07 PM
When and where is the 2011 Butler Show

catchandrelease
11-16-2010, 01:53 PM
Thanks, Red. Any idea what vendors will be there? I've never been out, but I'd like to check it out this year.

I read on the Phantom Lures website that Allegheny Field and Stream is a Phantom deal, is that true and where are they located?

Red Childress
11-16-2010, 02:15 PM
The Phantom deal was probably when the previous ownership was there. Now that it has changed hands, I seriously doubt you will find them there. (I was in there over the summer and did not see them there.)

There is a vendor list but I do not have mine. Maybe try the Moraine Musky Association website for the list of vendors.

The old Allegheny Field and Stream is now called Grizzly Gary Outdoors, btw.

ray j
11-17-2010, 08:52 AM
The Butler Fishing SHow has it's own website:

http://www.butlerfishingshow.com/

McDunnoftheAllegheny
11-17-2010, 12:51 PM
They don't get them anymore, there's a few musky baits but nothing to get excited over.

catchandrelease
11-20-2010, 03:19 PM
Is that the place across from the refinery on Rt. 6?

Red Childress
11-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Yes it is.

Red Childress
01-14-2011, 08:19 AM
Since Capt. Larry is unable to attend, I will have 4 Beckman Finsaver Nets to sell for him. The nets will be 110.00. Gander Mountain sells them for 140.00 or so......not a bad deal in my book.

I anticipate these nets selling fast. Larry sold 10 of them last year.

bowhunter29
01-14-2011, 09:11 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know I will have some muskie baits at the Butler show. I have a line of Viper Minnows that are 8" and wrapped in actual snake skin. I also have some baits that range from 5" to 8" that are painted. All of my baits are carved from cedar and sealed. I use 5 coats of epoxy, .092" stainless eye screws, 3X split rings, and VMC 9626 4X hooks in 5/0. The diving lips are anchored by two .062" stainless steel pins. I'll post a few pictures here but you can see more in my albums or on my website.

I also build custom rods and I'll have a bunch on display. Anything from small trout rods to big musky sticks.

Red Childress
01-14-2011, 11:37 AM
Last Schedule Revision (hopefully):

Saturday's Schedule:

11:00am-- Battle of the Beast - Gregg Thomas (MUSKIE FISHING)

1:00pm-- Red Childress Allegheny Guide Service (Allegheny River Trout and Pike)

3:00pm-- Jeff Knapp Writer/Guide (Allegheny River Bass and Walleye)

5:00pm-- Marc Arena Red October Baits (Rubber Baits in Rivers and Lakes)

__________________________________________________ ____________________

Sunday's Schedule:

11:00am--Tony Grant - Mountain Muskies Guide Services (Muskie Fishing)

1:00am--Kevin Goldberg and Howard Wagner (Snow Muskies)

toothyfishman
01-14-2011, 12:21 PM
I'll be there selling my lure retrievers again. Most of you guys on here have already got them off me but be sure to stop by and B.S. either way.

Jeremy,
Cool paint jobs on those lures, very nice, something a little differnet too.
I'll be sneaking over to your booth to check them out. The venders need a time-out so we can wander and look ourselves...ha ha

bowhunter29
01-14-2011, 03:42 PM
toothy,

Sounds good, looking forward to meeting you. I like to get set up early so I have time to browse around. Most of the time things are so crazy that I don't have a chance to look around at the other booths.

jeremy

toothyfishman
01-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Jeremy,

I like trades..........;)

MtAiryEd
01-15-2011, 09:34 AM
I'll be there selling my lure retrievers again.

I bought one on eBay. EXCELLENT!! So much better than the extending pole.

bowhunter29
01-15-2011, 09:54 AM
Jeremy,

I like trades..........;)

Me too!

jeremy

Red Childress
02-03-2011, 10:31 AM
BUTLER FISHING SHOW SEMINARS

SATURDAY SEMINARS :

11:00 AM-----Kevin Goldberg - Down-Rigger- fishing

1:00 PM-----Red Childress Allegheny Guide Service (Trout and Pike)

3:00 PM-----Jeff Knapp Writer (Allegheny River Bass and Walleye)

5:00 PM-----Marc Arena Red October Baits (Rubber Baits in Rivers and Lakes)

SUNDAY SEMINARS:

11:00 AM-----Tony Grant - Mountain Muskies Guide Services (Muskie Fishing)

1:00 PM-----Kevin Goldberg And Howard Wagner (Snow Muskies)

Partial Vendors List

American Freshwater,Ama Bama,Allegheny Guide Service,Al,s Satelite home security,Bad Boy Bait & Tackle,Battle The Beast Guide Service,Bobbie Bait ,Camp Astabula,Case Plastics,Coldwell Banker,Crane Baits,Custom Fly,s and Tackle,Dream Weaver Graphics,Dutch Fork Lures,Edies Jewery,Fish Education Center,Franks Sportsman Products,Grandma Lures,Gutter Helmet,H.C. Baits,JeffKnapp Guide Service,Jones Baits, Legend Lures,Leo Lures,Lunge Lodge,Moraine Musky Assoc,Mountain Muskie Lodge and Guide Service,Muddy Creek Assoc,Muskie Train Lures,Newman Lures,Pa Fish Comm,Red October Baits,Trunzo Baits,Rough House Charters,RX Lures. WILEY LURES

cband
02-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Anybody know anything about the Trunzo Baits on the partial vendors list...?

ThreeRiversEsox
02-04-2011, 08:38 AM
Some more vendors added...

Goodman Bass Equip,Sprankle Baits,KMG/KASH Group,Sturgeon Gereral Charters,Three Rivers Muskie Inc.Moraine Musky Assoc,Toothy Fisherman Lure Retrivers,Tuscora Tackle,Youghiogeny Guide Service and more to come.

Ymesss
02-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Just wanted to let you guys know I will have some muskie baits at the Butler show. I have a line of Viper Minnows that are 8" and wrapped in actual snake skin. I also have some baits that range from 5" to 8" that are painted. All of my baits are carved from cedar and sealed. I use 5 coats of epoxy, .092" stainless eye screws, 3X split rings, and VMC 9626 4X hooks in 5/0. The diving lips are anchored by two .062" stainless steel pins. I'll post a few pictures here but you can see more in my albums or on my website.

I also build custom rods and I'll have a bunch on display. Anything from small trout rods to big musky sticks.

Is anyone else having issues seeing these attachments?

Red Childress
02-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Yes. It seems that all the Outdoor Network message boards are currently not showing attachments (just checked a couple a few minutes ago). My educated GUESS is that the server is bogging down from increased traffic so the only way to free up memory is to delete the images across the entire system.

Red Childress
02-11-2011, 08:14 AM
I had forgotten to post this earier in the month but if you are planning on attending the show, the Days Inn (located off Pittsburgh Rd.) has discounted rooms for us.

The phone number is: 724.287.6761

Tiller
02-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Red,

Thanks for the deal on the net. Also picked up a lure retriever and some lures. I should be set for another season.

Tiller

Red Childress
02-14-2011, 07:56 AM
No sweat Tiller. I was just happy not to haul them back to Warren.

The show went well and appeared to have many more attendees than last year.....the nite race at Daytona and good weather on Sunday really seemed to help.

Thanks to all of those who booked trips with me and it was very nice seeing some familiar faces once again.

McDunnoftheAllegheny
02-14-2011, 09:20 AM
I think this show keeps getting better every year, I thought it was great hopefully it grows.

bowhunter29
02-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Thanks to everyone who stopped by my booth at the Bulter Show. I enjoyed talking with everyone.

Red, I wanted to talk with you a bit more but things were pretty busy.

thanks,
jeremy

Red Childress
02-15-2011, 03:04 PM
No sweat, Jeremy. There is always next year. Your baits looked like a work of art which I am sure they are after the hours you spend making them.

Site members,

If you use Photobucket or some other "non-site" entity, the photos will show up. The site attachment problem is being worked on as we speak. The tech guys are looking for a corrupt file to solve the problem.