PDA

View Full Version : Every Single Cast!

lowbidder
11-20-2010, 08:03 AM
I got burned yesterday for no other reason than I was being lazy and got complacent. I fished all day from the time the fog burned off until 3PM when I had to leave for a prior commitment. 6 hours, 500+ casts later and nothing to show for it other than a nice day on the water away from work.

Disgusted, I threw a half-hearted cast to a spot I had thrown to at least twice before. Half-way back to the boat I decided it was my last cast and hurriedly brought it back to the boat. 4 feet from the boat I ripped it out of the water and stuffed my rod in the rack. I looked down into the water and saw a VERY nice fish circling back and forth just a foot or two under the surface wondering where the hell that bait just went. Of course, I grabbed my rod and tried to throw back to her but my bait was wrapped around the rod and tangled in the line. It took about 20 seconds to get untangled and by that time she had drifted away and I could not find her in the stained water. Of course i got the bait in the water, but by then my window of opportunity had shut.

That girl was ready to eat and I will be torturing myself for the next week until I can get back out on the water again. I will think about that every time I bring my bait back to the boat for a long long long time.

Red Childress
11-20-2010, 03:41 PM
We have all been burned by laziness. The larger the fish, the more it burns. :)

joel
11-21-2010, 08:34 PM
yesterday i did a figure 8 after every cast,probably the first time i have done that ever.i can also say that it paid off with a 36'' musky in the net.i didnt see the fish til it was next to the boat going into the O. All i know is im gonna try not to be lazy anymore and do the O every time. you just never know what is beneath your boat lurking.