PDA

View Full Version : 3 rods per man in PA.

Red Childress
11-22-2010, 08:02 AM
Bob Nestor (PFBC employee in Erie) and his buddy (Rob Jung) chased muskies with me yesterday. We rose 1 good fish all day but I was surprised to learn that there is a proposal to increase the "rods per man" quota from 2 to 3 here in PA. The vote on this proposal is coming soon and the "public comment" phase of this new law should be up on the PFBC site soon, if it isn't already.

Those of you in favor may want to browse the PFBC site and provide your input.

Ivan
11-22-2010, 08:10 AM
I heard about this. That would be pretty sweet for us trollers, although if you are not running short lines and not running boards it can be difficult running six boat rods.

Actually, it probably won't make much difference for me. Pymatuning will probably not go to 3 rods because of the Ohio influence. The only other PA lake I fish much at all is Arthur. I guess I can take advantage there if it passes. Although, it will probably just mean more snags on that lake.

Anzomcik
11-22-2010, 09:38 AM
I sure hope it goes through, I would love to run a bigger spread for those erie walleye!

lowbidder
11-22-2010, 10:18 AM
I can definitely see the benefit on Erie and the deeper resevoirs. As far as musky fishing goes, I can barely handle 2 rods as it is!

On the lighter side, this will mean a lot more crossed lines for the fisherman that line the shores of our local impoundments on the first day of trout in April. There has always been shoreline fights at my local lake (Dunlap) with 2 rods per man. 2011 should be interesting if they pass this.

Trauts
11-22-2010, 10:27 AM
I can definitely see the benefit on Erie and the deeper resevoirs. As far as musky fishing goes, I can barely handle 2 rods as it is!

On the lighter side, this will mean a lot more crossed lines for the fisherman that line the shores of our local impoundments on the first day of trout in April. There has always been shoreline fights at my local lake (Dunlap) with 2 rods per man. 2011 should be interesting if they pass this.

MMA/First Day of Trout! Ring side seats...hmmm...I am liking this proposal already!

Katmai Kid
11-22-2010, 10:48 AM
Do you think they will increase the number of hooks for us hard water guys too???

muskyjerk
11-24-2010, 11:09 PM
When shore fishing with lures and 1 rod plunkers with 3 can block alot more water. I'm against 3 rods for that reason. If 3 rods passes I'll still keep on fishing.

RapRunR
12-01-2010, 12:36 PM
Guys in boats trolling i could understand and it would be useful i imagine. On the shore i think it's not necessary.