PDA

View Full Version : Kinzua/Tionesta water clarity ??

Red Childress
12-02-2010, 08:01 AM
Can anyone tell me the clarity of either of these reservoirs??

There has to be some debris/mud moving through as they are rising very quickly.

Yesterday the Tionesta level was 1108....today's forecast is 1130.......tomorrow is 1143.........Saturday is 1151. That is some serious water moving in.

There was some bad flooding along Tionesta Creek (Sheffield area) the past 2 days. Very sad pics in the Warren paper this morning.

Katmai Kid
12-02-2010, 09:35 AM
On our way home from deer camp yesterday we just made it across the 666 bridge in Barnes. The water was over the headlight in dads truck. Not sure about the res but I know tionesta creek was ripping last night and the hillsides were still dumping water!!

RapRunR
12-02-2010, 09:54 AM
Haven't been up the hill lately. Maybe i'll go check it out when i'm out later. With all that water it's got to be trashed. Tionesta Res. was 1133.6 ft as of 8 am this morning. And they're projecting about 20 more ft, wow.

toothyfishman
12-02-2010, 10:11 AM
Upper Allegheny ,pre-Kinzua, has some serious flooding going on, it's all mud bottom for miles and miles before it becomes more rock around Portville NY.
It will be flowing mud for sure with tons of debris.

Water is up in the woods everywhere up in that area as well.
Not looking good for fishing anywhere I can't imagine.

If they do keep the outflow trimmed back it still will be running stained right out of the dam I would say. Might be the only fishable waters for awhile until they decide to dump the holdback water.

Red Childress
12-02-2010, 10:26 AM
I was hoping to do some cold water trolling on either of those two bodies before the ice cometh.....that appears to be on hold for the moment.

Larry Jones
12-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Red, You could fish the Lower Niagara River for muskies. But you would need to drive around Lake Erie come in from the Canadian side,38" of snow in West Seneca,NY,I-90 closed from Depew,NY to NY Route 219,vehicles stranded on the freeway for 12 hours now! They are to get 24 more inches of snow today.You could become a Snow Bird like Me and fly to Fort Lauderdale,Fl on Dec 8th and make the trip down to the 12 mile bridge by Big Piney Key and fish in the sun for two weeks.

RapRunR
12-02-2010, 02:58 PM
I checked only the lower part of tionesta lake. The water doesn't look bad for clarity. I imagine the closer to nebraska bridge the worst it is. Problem is there's probably tons of debris coming in from the upper end and even on the lower end saw a small amount of debris in the water but not much. The confluence of the creek and river would be good but it's not big enough of an area really for trolling and the gas to get here for such a small area. Outflow water looks great and is slightly stained !! Hitting that tomorrow after a bait run.