PDA

View Full Version : Never in my life have so many things gone wrong

duckiller2
01-04-2011, 10:00 AM
I went out to my shack to block it up in the rain last week. All was well and I thought it would be ok . On Sat morning I took my son out to go fishing with me but we turned around at a pressure crack because of the slush around it. I am quite sure we would have been ok but why push your luck right. I could see my shack from where we stopped but did notice after awhile that it must have moved a little. No big deal. Well went home had lunch and decided to go back alone and get a anchor in to stop it from moving any more. As I pulled into the Yellow gate I broke the u bolts that secure the leaf springs to the axle. Then got to the shack and found it had moved 1/3 of a mile off my spot. Looked inside and stuff was every where and broken. Had changed to a warmer coat at lunch so the key for the lock was at home. Tried to drill a hole but throttle cable on the auger was froze with ice. Then the throttle and brake froze on the wheeler. Thank goodness for Sunday because I could start all over after warming up again. Got everything back and fixed up. Lesson learned again.

packrat
01-04-2011, 10:03 PM
Sounds like you had a bad case of Murphy's Law.