PDA

View Full Version : Muskie Show Raffle-Lures/Tackle Box

USS_Esox
01-06-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi,

I hope everyone is off to a great New Year.

We are going to throw together another tackle box similar to last year's we had at the 2010 Columbus Muskie Show. Last year, we raised a lot of money, and even much more than expected, with our Lures/Tackle box raffle. It was very unique in the sense that the members, friends, vendors donated lures that they have made that are difficult to find on the market, maybe even homemade and not on the market! It was obviously a hit, so we'll do it again this year.

If you make lures and would like to donate 1-4 baits, just bring them to the meetings (second tuesday of the month) and Rob can collect them from the members, friends. I'm pretty sure he'll be throwing the tackle box together for the Muskie Show Raffle.

We are open to any type of lures: gliders, jerkbaits, crankbaits, twitchbaits, spinners, spinnerbaits, top waters, etc, etc.

PRIORITY: For everyone that does or does not make baits,....we can make even more money than last year by spreading the word to friends we know that will be at the show. Last year was only our first year doing this, and the
outcome was awesome. Don't think that only the people making baits are what is pulling the $$$-we all can make a good effort to make it known to friends and people at the show. Who knows, we might be able to double 2010's show raffle money in 2011 by just making a conscious effort to spread the word.

Enjoy, Greg.

Xtreme Muskie Lures
01-09-2011, 09:34 AM
Greg,
I will donate a minimum of a 4", 6", 8" Shads and 5" minnow.

Thanks,
Greg
www.xtrememuskielures.com

Mark Steinert
01-16-2011, 02:39 PM
Bruce"St. Clair Hound" Called me this morning and said he will donate some of his hand made spinner baits again this year. He said he will mail them to me so next time I see ya I will give them to you.

Rob VanGorder
01-16-2011, 07:11 PM
This is great news!

We will start selling tickets for the tackle box raffle at the Michigan Muskie Show on the weekend of February 5-6. We will sell tickets through the end of the Ohio Muskie Show and will draw the lucky winner on Sunday, February 27th at 2:45 PM. The winner need not be present to win and we will ship or deliver the box and all baits that have accumulated in it to that point, to the lucky ticket holder.

Unfortunately, the snow storm the day of our January meeting and the fact that our February meeting is after the Michigan show have created some logistical challenges with regard to putting the box together. I have the box and a few of the baits, but I know there are some great baits out there yet to come.

If you have items for the box raffle, it would be best to get them to Mark Pauling or myself prior to the Michigan show. The number of lures in the box will grow through the course of both the Michigan and Ohio shows in February, but it would be great to get a few more in it to start the annual raffle off right.

Thanks to all for the tremendous support on this fundraiser.

Rob VanGorder
01-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Here's a picture of last year's box stuffed with some pretty great baits. There are some good ones in the slots you can't see. Lots of custom, one of a kind stuff.

This year's box is a clear view set-up which will really help show off all the great stuff going with it.

Fish With Teeth
01-18-2011, 05:13 PM
I made 30+ bodies this past Saturday. I will try to have some done before the Michigan show but I can't be sure. I know I will have them done before our February meeting. I came up with a new one last year that consistantly outfished any other bait I fished including the Lightnin' Shad. I will be donating a couple of those.