PDA

View Full Version : eyes all day

perch"n"eyes
01-10-2011, 07:06 AM
caught several eyes all day yesterday on moonshines shiver minnows , landing my 5 fish limit and loosing 2 in the hole hott color was bloodynose and the green and orange in 17 FOW . 37 keepers so far and 90% came on shiver minnows and spoons.

BiG ARN
01-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Im having very good results with the shiver minnow too....also did well last year! Only one thing I don't like about them. I think smaller sub legal eyes and perch will hit the bigger ones head first and there's no hook on on the head! I've had alot of nice hits and nothing there.....fish that are big enough just inhale the whole thing so no problems there. I guess its not a bad thing to not have to deal with smaller undersize eyes but it kills me missing a big slam. Predatory fish eat there pray head first so the defense fins don't wreck there meal......would love to see a hook on the front of the shiver minnow it would be a perfect world then!

packrat
01-10-2011, 10:02 PM
I think it was 2 yrs ago there was a posting on here about the samething your talking about. I think it was Ken Lee, he just drilled a hole in the nose like a Rapala and epoxied a hook in.

faurot3
01-10-2011, 10:36 PM
coming up for my second time. went last year did not do anything. i usually fish saginaw bay with good results on jigging raps and pimples, but the way you guys talk i need to get some of those moonshines. just wondering what size you use. thanks and good fishing

BiG ARN
01-11-2011, 09:01 AM
All the sizes serve there purpose from perch to eyes! Im hoping they will start making 1..2...3 and 4 ounce sizes for jigging lake trout. Glow white with orange eyes.....I would love to see it! It could be the next best thing at stannard rock!