PDA

View Full Version : Musky Growth

Red Childress
01-19-2011, 10:29 AM
"1 percent of all male muskies and 12 percent of all female muskies live to be larger than 50 inches. Males grow slower attain smaller average size than females. This also helps us realize just how rare a 50-inch musky really is".

"Ultimate length of muskies varied by location but in general, the largest muskies lived in the waterways larger than 1,000 acres".

"For a fish to obtain a record book size it needs to grow at a moderate rate for a long period of time. Fast growing fish do not obtain the longest ultimate lengths".

-----Dr. John Cassleman

**I pulled this from the last issue of MH Magazine. The article is titled "Musky Growth".

Anzomcik
01-19-2011, 11:31 AM
With all the talk reciently with fish (seems to be alot, relitivly) being caught over 55+ inches, It would be interesting to see what the percentages are for fish of that size.

When i caught my first and only 50+ inch fish i was still new to musky fishing (i had only caught three musky before this one). At that time i thought it was a norm to have several of those in your hands through out the season. Lookin back after all the hours i spend fishing i realize my mistake and how lucky i was back then