PDA

View Full Version : Decent perch day

tomjohn
01-19-2011, 08:09 PM
Was fishing in BBDN in Kates bay area today and managed to come home with 22 nice perch. Fished only one spot in 14 fow useing forage minnows tipped with minnow heads and did well on a lure I had in my tackle box. Don't know what it is but it was glow white on the top 2/3s and purple on the bottom 1/3. It was about an inch long and I used wigglers on it and it did well. I ran out of my 2 dozen wigglers and minnow heads did well from then on.

tomjohn

YooperTroll
01-20-2011, 09:13 AM
Not being that familiar with that part of the bay...what is the best access point for Kate's Bay (assuming you're a walker)? I'm not opposed to driving my truck on the ice in certain conditions, but I also try to avoid it if at all possible.

YooperTroll
01-20-2011, 08:02 PM
I went out around Center Reef today...24ft of water...kept 7 perch, two were 12+ inches. Wigglers and small minnows on glo jigs and small Swedish Pimples (about an equal mix...no one bait seemed better than the other). Probably could have done better if I moved around, but I was hand-drilling today and once I got setup that was that ;) Certainly not the best day, but enough action to keep you sitting for awhile.

Didn't mark a lot of fish but what I marked seemed to want to bite.

tomjohn
01-20-2011, 09:41 PM
The best way on the ice is before you get into Garden there is a small white cement block Centurylink telephone building on the left side of the road. Just past that there is a smal intersection. Take the first road on the right and it will take you right to the ice. Once you get there you will see the shanties. There is a State boat launch on the other side of Garden that you can go out of also.

tomjohn

YooperTroll
01-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the info, tom. Not sure when I'll get out there...but it's good to know for future reference.