PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing whities...

tomjohn
02-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Was out today to fish perch in Kates Bay but the bite really sucked so I headed to the whitefish grounds. I did end up with three but only took two home because my youngest son came alone and took the biggest one home. I also lost a few and managed to get a mud puppy.

YooperTroll
02-06-2011, 12:57 PM
tj:

How do you clean them and cook them up?

tomjohn
02-06-2011, 03:16 PM
I fillet...skin them and pin bone them. Usually just pan fry them or deep fry them. I use Drakes dry batter for the coating....MMmmmm

BiG ARN
02-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Whats the chance of pointing a guy in the direction to the whitefish grounds on bbdn? Never fished bbdn yet. Would love to try for some whitefish and burbot. How deep of water do u fish for whitefish? Ill understand if u don't wanna tell me...not asking for your honey hole. Just a general idea. Private message is fine with me. Im willing to trade info if there's something I can help u with

Luv2fish
02-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Most people fish out 3/4 of a mile to 1 1/2 miles west--- off of Kate's Bay landing for perch. There is a large group of shacks spread out in that area. You cannot see these shacks from US 2 as they are way south.
Whitefish are found just out off of Garden Bay--- south of Kate's Bay in deeper water.

BiG ARN
02-09-2011, 05:27 AM
Thanks...appreciate the info!

Jighead
02-12-2011, 06:40 PM
Big Arn, wasn't born in a barn, catches fishes with yarn, and I give him my props. Won't be messing with cops, stopping at one of the shops, picking up bait, and fishing way late. He is the best, when it comes to the stress, of figuring out, the methods we all fear and doubt. Be plucking big hogs, working jigs around logs, and keeping things real tight, keeping me posting all night. So if what you want in the deal, and drag spinning on your reel, just catch his appeal, and he will......fill you in. Big Arn know his fishing, and keeps everyone wishing, of days better and better, keeping every inch of line wetter. Thanks to your input, I can finaly put in my boat, and fish a new piece of water, and be part of the slaughter.

BiG ARN
02-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Holy christ.........what's the world coming to? LoL

DLW681
02-16-2011, 02:26 PM
Wow Jighead, you need to share whatever your smokin?