PDA

View Full Version : Pacemaker Tuning

curleytail
02-11-2011, 09:27 PM
Hey Ty,
Man I haven't been on this board in a while. I have a couple questons. First one is are YOU able to tune a wooden Pacemaker without actually throwing it, or do you need to tune and test? I have a wooden one that has been beat up by quite a few fish and doesn't sound quite like it did when new. What I mostly notice is I am having a hard time getting a loud plop along with a strong tick. I have it sounding pretty good now, but I figure you've mastered tuning those things.

I' guessing it would be tought to get perfect without being able to test it on the water...

Also, are you going to be at the MN show in April? Wish I would have been able to get to the Milwaukee show when you had discounted clothes and $5 more off with a lure purchase. You can't buy ANY hooded sweatshirt for $22 much less one with a Sennett logo!

Talk to 'ya later.

Tucker

Ty Sennett
02-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Tucker, on the Pacemaker question, I would guess that the tail is the reason for the lost noise. Sometimes you get a groove in the tail section after a while and lose the strong ticking noise. There's not much you can do about that. Most Pacemakers last me about two years and then they start to get that way. That constant rubbing of hook to tail just wears out the tail. As a side note when they get that dull sound is a good thing for really calm water. Some of my most productive Pacemakers are the really dull thumping ones. If you know Jeff Anderson over there in MN his Pacmeakers are just plain destroyed and that's the way he likes them. His are just about worn down to nothing and he pounds the big fish on them. I kind of like the newer ones for choppy water and the old worn down ones for calm water.

I'll post what clothing I have left over from the Milwaukee show and if something is in your size I'll keep the same show special for you and mail out some gear. Not much in XL or XXL sizes but there are some large and some kids sizes left over.

curleytail
02-14-2011, 01:53 PM
Thanks Ty. That Pacemaker does still have a decent tick but nothing like one I have that's in pretty new condition. Maybe it is from lots of use. The fish still seem to like it a lot though so no worries!

Most everything I buy is size L so you might have some stuff in my size. I'll have to swing over to your booth and say hi at the MN show.

Tucker

Ty Sennett
02-21-2011, 09:27 AM
You get five bucks off the sweatshirt if you buy a bait at the show so you get a sweatshirt for about fifteen bucks. Hard to pass that one up. See you there.

curleytail
02-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Thanks Ty, sounds like a deal. I've been meaning to get a plastic Pacemaker... See you in April!

Tucker