PDA

View Full Version : Some tornado damage photos...

BlueRanger
02-15-2011, 07:43 PM
I was up at the TFF last weekend, and although I spent most of my time skiing in the U.P., I snapped a few shots of the cleanup progress near Springstead Landing and posted them here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/BlueRangerTFF/20110212TornadoCleanup

Flambeau Riverman
02-15-2011, 09:53 PM
Hey Blue,
clicked on the link for for your latest pic's and it didn't work.
sorry i didn't get back to you on the secert project panaorama
it turns out my TV can hook up to the internet (my kid figured it out)
and it's utterly amazing on a 55" big screen I watch it often it keeps me dreaming for soft water and our next trip up in june to the TFF.
We were up the week the tornado hit and were on the water that day but we got off the water and just got the boat on the trailer just before it hit
when we made the turn onto 182 heading toward Park Falls it got really nasty. We didn't realize until the next morning when we turned in towards the springstead landing and they turned us around and told us the landing was closed just how bad it was. Some of the pic's I've seen are pretty scary
I would not have wanted to be camping that night.
Still hope to run into you one of these days out there always looking
for the blue ranger.
Thanks and keep the pic's coming
Dave

deklund
02-16-2011, 12:12 AM
I was up at the TFF last weekend, and although I spent most of my time skiing in the U.P., I snapped a few shots of the cleanup progress near Springstead Landing and posted them here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/BlueRangerTFF/20110212TornadoCleanup
link doesnt work

BlueRanger
02-16-2011, 02:33 AM
Should work now - I had the permissions set wrong. Next time I'm up I'm going to try to get out and shoot a few winter panoramas to add to the virtual tour. Cool idea watching it on a big screen - I'm glad to see people have been enjoying it, my stats say over 1,000 people have looked at it. It was lucky timing that I was able to do the photography before the tornado hit. It will be many years before some of those areas fully recover.

On another note, there was a report in the Association newsletter that some of the campsites were damaged so badly that they're going to be closed permanently, and new campsites will be built to replace them.

George
02-17-2011, 07:13 AM
Great pics as always Blue. Thanks!