PDA

View Full Version : Feb. 26&27

DV17MAG
02-28-2011, 03:14 PM
Brother and I fished the TFF this past weekend. With good ice conditions (16-22 inches with light snow cover) we figured we would travel around hitting some new spots.3 of the 7 spots gave us fish. We ended up catching 40 some lm and sm bass, using tip-ups and jigging. Best were a 19" lm and a 18" sm both on an ultra light jig pole. We also found some nice crappie up to 13.5" a few perch and gills, nothing special and a ton of rock bass. Also a lone pike. First time I was skunked on the eyes in awhile. All in all a good weekend, learned some new spots visted with grandparents(they live on Shenebecks Point) burned a brush pile from tornado damage, and caught some fish. Also has anyone else caught so many bass ice fishing? It got to the point that our 4doz minnows were running out so we were putting dead frozen minnows on and still catching them. I've fished the TFF since I was 8 so 20 years now and never caught any bass icefishing till this winter. Yet I never fished this bar till Saturday.