PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance hds?

SGREEN
03-04-2011, 02:26 PM
I just heard that Lowrance has had water intrusion problems with the HDS units. Has anybody had this problem or any other problems with them? I need a new GPS and am considering an HDS7. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Shannon

Frank Walsh
03-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Think they has a leakage issue when they first came out. long since resolved, and all bad units were replaced.

Lowrance has a rebate program going to the end of the month. At least $100 on a HD-7.

SGREEN
03-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Frank are you happy with your HDS unit? I want to stick with Lowrance so I can easily upload my waypoints and icons into the new unit. I also think my Lakemaster chip is compatible with the HDS.

Frank Walsh
03-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Three of the four units in my boat are HDSs. Really like them. Again, if I were starting from scratch, I would switch, but far too easy to stay with Lowrance. Yes, you can easily transfer your existing waypoints and trails. But you can also do that when switching to Humminbird, with a utility program they offer.

Another thing to remember is that the HDS's menus and commands are totally different than any Lowrance you ever owned, creating an entirely new learning curve.

Not entirely sure if you can use your existing Lakemaster. I know for sure you can use your existing Navionics.

tompellant
03-08-2011, 03:33 PM
Also the Hummingbird, Any comments on these units would be appreciated.