PDA

View Full Version : inland lakes

perch"n"eyes
03-15-2011, 06:54 AM
Took my shack off the bay on saturday after fishing most of the day bringing home a 26" pike and 5 nice perch. With the weather warming up its a good time to get out and target gills and crappies. Sunday got up to Gene's Pond at about 10am and caught several bluegills and perch only keeping 8 gills , left there at 5:30 and stopped at 6mile lk went rite to back side found 24' and set ut a few rods, one with spike and the other with minnow. About 15mins past before we marked fish and then little gills , then my minnow and started marking crappies suspended lots of little ones. Left sixmile at 8:30pm kept 8 crappie and 4 gills. Yesterday decided id take a ride over to Shawee Lk what a beautiful day even got sunburn , caught lots of little gills and crappies and got 8 decent gills that i kept and 10 nicer crappies nothing big the ones i kept were around 10". Got there at 10:30am got most of the action between noon and 2pm. Couple weekends ago we went up to mirror lk and had a blast caught several brookies 10-12" i kept one 15" brookie and one 16" rainbow , plus lost a nicer rainbow in the hole and my cousin kept 3 brookies around 13-15" fished 4fow-22fow

slammer
03-15-2011, 07:44 AM
Hey perch n eyes,

I haven't fished 6 mile for years and I see the gills are still small. Don't know why they seem to be stunted there. We would catch gazillions of them , but all silver dollor size. Good luck and nice fishing report again!!!
Slammer!!!

clubchamp
03-15-2011, 11:18 AM
How was the shoreline and ice at genes pond?

perch"n"eyes
03-15-2011, 11:34 AM
shoreline's were good , drove truck out , problably about 20"+ solid ice im sure after this week she's gonna be a little soft on top.

clubchamp
03-15-2011, 03:37 PM
Thanks perch, Think I'll try it this weekend. Long ways to go though to find out bad ice at shoreline.

Jighead
03-23-2011, 10:32 PM
hey perchy, what do you do with all these fish you seem to keep trip after trip? You must eat a lot of fish to be keeping so many. I am just curious.

perch"n"eyes
03-25-2011, 10:05 AM
I eat fish twice a week if i can , i have a family too ! Wednesday my buddy and i caught our limit of nice bluegill and crappies and plan to do it again on saturday. Its not like i keep everything i catch , fishing is in my blood and that's that. Sounds like you need to catch sum fish.......................Dave

Fishfinder2010
03-25-2011, 12:26 PM
Hey jighead, instead of worrying about perchy's few fish you should be more concerned with the subsistence fishing. I fish BBDN and see gill nets out 365-days per year.

lets calculate their fish eating abilities:

- they are allowed 100-lbs. of fish per net.

- 100-lbs x 365 days = 36,500 lbs. of fish per year.

Now thats one hungry fish eating family. I suppose thats why they have to sell most of their subsistence catch and how they can afford nets, boats, truck, atv's and homes, without a job.

wake up tribe and d.n.r.!!!! If they are allowed 100 lbs. in possesion, then why do they set nets 365 days per year?

YooperTroll
03-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Yeah, I've never tried to figure out who's got what in the freezer as far as sport fishermen go. They will never ever be the issue when it comes to fishing populations, anyway.

If the fish are getting eaten and not going to waste, I don't bother trying to figure out what someone else has got in the freezer. As the above poster said, commercial/Native American netting has the potential to impact the fishery more so than what all the sport fishers do combined. I'm not going to touch the politics of all that--just stating a fact.

That said, there's never any danger of me catching too many--so that's moot :D

schmutzomatic 5000
03-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Wow.... Ya know how many people have shyed away from posting because of this nonsence... I dont care what you eat or what you have accumulated or who you gave fish to or why you didnt let this or that fish go.. I say congrats on your catch and thanks for posting and letting us enjoy your success with you... If I times all the days I zero'ed and subtract misses and count limits I have no time for fishing and enjoying the great outdoors. Please dont shy away from posting (like many have) because some can't handle the fact you are a good fisherman and know your s###.. P.S.
FYI anyone can review ANY persons old posts and make opinions ...;) Thanx again for posting Perch

RudyG
03-27-2011, 08:39 AM
"Wow.... Ya know how many people have shyed away from posting because of this nonsence.."
:D zactly

Jighead
03-27-2011, 02:30 PM
roger that.