PDA

View Full Version : tent camping on the flowage

sbarick
03-22-2011, 02:54 PM
anyone know about or been to Daggetts resort for camping? ive been to lake chippewa campground a bunch few years ago and seems like theyre all booked. lookin for late june. or any info/opinions about the LCO reservable islands. comin up from Indiana, thanks guys!

Trav
03-22-2011, 04:43 PM
Siskos, first come first served, but never had an issue getting a site for a tent.

City Slicker
03-23-2011, 09:50 AM
sbarick-

I've camped on Wagon Wheel island the past 2 years and will be there again this June. I have not camped on any of the other LCO sites. You can find information on how to reserve the LCO camp sites at the Wisconsin DNR site. The fee for reserving an LCO campsite is $20.00 for 3 days or $40.00 for 5 days. These book fast so you'll want to jump on it soon.

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/facilities/chippewaflow/camping.html

Ty Sennett
03-25-2011, 09:16 AM
I actually stayed at Daggett's when I was a kid. Danny Daggett is a great guy. He has a cool little bar to go have a cold one after fishing too.

The island campsites give you more of a camping feel but charging your trolling motor battery is a problem. There is a new capmsite just west of Skull Island that the tribe owns. That one is nice but I'd say overall the Darrow Island site or the Eagles Nest site are the two best on the lake. Those are first come first serve though.

RobertTB
03-25-2011, 09:07 PM
I'm thinkin' Danny does not have tent camping. Can't say as I've seen a tent pitched in a long time. Hmmmm. But, I'm not positive.

sbarick
03-26-2011, 08:36 AM
thanks alot guys! yeah i forgot about siskos. ill have to call danny, too. really dont want to take my chances w a first come site. how is the overnight parking at one of the ramps if i do a an island though?

Ty Sennett
03-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Most of the launch sites are safe. I'd say the CC North one is the best as far as being safe but they are all good. Pretty rare to have something bad happen but I suppose it does.