PDA

View Full Version : Lake arthur

Kong6799
04-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Anyone having any luck on the lakes yet? Going to
hit it hard in the morning!

Pescatore
04-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Haven't been out on Arthur yet, but spring trolling is your best bet. Did you have any luck?

Kong6799
04-03-2011, 05:55 PM
I fished Arthur today, no luck just a big old carp I snagged while trolling. Alot of guys out on the water, hit it pretty hard but no luck!

SportJet120
04-04-2011, 08:58 PM
Did you happen to know what the water temp was at Arthur ?

lowbidder
04-04-2011, 09:47 PM
I just read it was 41 - 42 on Sunday.

fish N ski
04-21-2011, 07:51 PM
As of today April 21, thursday. The water temp at arthur is 52....

Larry Jones
04-24-2011, 07:11 PM
52 degrees,the muskies will be in spawning mode!

fish N ski
05-01-2011, 03:10 PM
Water temp this weekend at arthur was 58 on my finder. I talked to someone that was out there last week when my finder read 52- they said their finder read 58. ??? Same area.
I upgraded last year to a lowrance elite 5 that I bought a month after it came out. Is there that much of a difference depending on what electronics you have? Maybe I don't know how to work mine properly.... ????

Anyway. Got a "FUTURE" arthur pig. 30" er on sunday...

Red Childress
05-02-2011, 07:02 AM
I have been paying close attention to surface temps the past 3 weeks when trolling and have noticed pockets of colder surface water mixed in with warmer water in just a couple hundred yard stretch. These temps did not vary as much as you described, however. I am only talking about 1.5 to 2 degrees variance in a very small area on the main lake as I drive around. (I am also fishing a small reservoir with much greater changeover in water volume so maybe that makes a difference.)

And yes, the sun was shining and conditions had not changed when I noticed these temperature differences on Saturday.

fish N ski
05-17-2011, 12:42 AM
Water warmed up a little. Average on the lake around 66-67 on sunday the 15th. Such a beautiful, dark, overcast rainy day to catch muskies. Only saw one other muskie boat out. No fish action. Got a double on a snag. 2 rod hang up. 1 easy out and other had to use the toothyfishman retriever which made it an easy out. I will keep plugging away at my favorite western pennsylvania muskie lake.....

fish N ski
05-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Me and my Dad's annual crappie outing was today at arthur. We try to take 1 day a year to crappie fish. When Buying minnows at O'Donnels on route 19 had to check out the musky lures. He had more than the usual stock of wiley lures. So if anyone is looking for 5.5 wileys and up you should check them out.
I thought I would try to keep this post going about arthur, but as much as I am out and see the same musky guys, I guess not to many people fish it. Which is good - Stay away from arthur. BAD, BAD lake to fish. Just plain Bad....

Kong6799
05-23-2011, 05:57 AM
Arthur is fished rather hard throughout the entire season, I do agree that it is the same musky guys that are always there. The musky lures you mentioned are great working lures among others that are also made locally, however the price tag for one lure is a little high! It is a shame but there is a reason the tackle store has more than usuall, because people are not buying and not willing to pay 30.00 for a lure.

fish N ski
05-24-2011, 07:31 PM
You have a point that certain lures are high priced. But when I started buying these higher priced lures and starting catching more muskies with them, I never looked back. Sure I might have to work an extra overtime day to get a few more lures since they are pricey. But it has been well worth it to me. You can still catch fish on just about any model or style lure. But when fishing is tough- Which at arthur always is - I like to have confidence in the lures I use and it seems to work for me. Not saying I catch fish on all expensive lures, But I have a good selection for what I fish at arthur. It is a very tough lake to fish for muskies.... That is my opinion.....
Good luck at arthur this year Kong.

fish N ski
09-16-2011, 02:52 PM
Looking for the water temp at arthur now.?? Anyone been there in the past 2 weeks.....