PDA

View Full Version : Size limit??

JerkyJosh
04-13-2011, 11:46 AM
Was there any word on if there is going to be a size limit on walleyes this year on the flowage? Or is it the same as last 2 walleye no limit?

walleyemaxx
04-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi Josh,

The DNR didn't even have it listed in their portion of the quesstionaire, but the Conservation Congress did. It asked for opionion on the 1 over 14" limit. We won't know the results untill after today or so. Even then, it will take a minimum of two years for that to even be considered as a law. So the answer for this year-NO. The DNR dropped the ball again.

Walleyemaxx

JerkyJosh
04-13-2011, 05:42 PM
So any surprises on the bag limits? Grindstone down to one seems off, i heard thats where you can catch a bunch of walleye. I guess i dont know. I put my boat in and take it out once a year and leave it at my bro's on the flowage so i dont fish all of these other lakes in the area.

walleyemaxx
04-14-2011, 09:40 AM
Hi Josh,

I quess I'm surprised at the number of lakes at 2 bag and especially the 1 bag. But one thing to remember is that the bag can go up if the Tribes do not harvest their quota that they declared. That decision is usually made around the middle of May. So we shall wait and see. In the mean time, now is a good time to be getting every thing ready. The opener is only three weeks away. I'm getting anxious now. I'll be doing some pan fishing on the Big Chip in two weeks.

Walleyemaxx