PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance HDS-7 Chip Question

andracke
04-13-2011, 09:46 PM
I just got a new Lowrance HDS-7. I have done some searching on this site, but need to know what type fo chip to buy for the flowage. This chip will be used mainly for the Chippewa Flowage.

Which one is best Navionics? Premium? Platinum? or Lakemaster?

Any advice would be great! Planning a trip to Cabelas this weekend.

Eric

deantre
04-13-2011, 10:12 PM
a while back this was addressed,
see this posting: http://www.outdoors911.com/reports/showthread.php?t=15881
it was covered pretty well. You will love having either one, I have the Lakemaster and after I adjust for the flowage depth hardly use my depth finder, it is always right on. Nice to see the structure coming rather than being on it. Dean

JerkyJosh
04-14-2011, 09:42 AM
Eric

I heard lakemaster, i have the Navionics one which works fine but was told if you are going to use it just in WI or on the flowage that lakemaster is the way to go.

Side question: Where do you have a cabin on the flowage? I think you might be right down from my bro's place on worlds end rd. Maybe not?

andracke
04-14-2011, 11:44 AM
Eric

I heard lakemaster, i have the Navionics one which works fine but was told if you are going to use it just in WI or on the flowage that lakemaster is the way to go.

Side question: Where do you have a cabin on the flowage? I think you might be right down from my bro's place on worlds end rd. Maybe not?

Josh - Where does your brother live? Yes, we are located on Worlds End Road - Chippewa Shores Resort. My father and I just went up to get some work done this past weekend.

JerkyJosh
04-14-2011, 11:51 AM
My brothers is the first house on the lake next to George and Carmen's. I heard some people over there working this weekend, as I was out there getting my boat ready. I'll stop by sometime and introduce myself.

andracke
04-14-2011, 12:19 PM
My brothers is the first house on the lake next to George and Carmen's. I heard some people over there working this weekend, as I was out there getting my boat ready. I'll stop by sometime and introduce myself.

That was us! I sent you a PM.

Ty Sennett
04-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Andracke, Both are good out there. The Lakemaster is a little better but harder to read unless you have the Humminbird depth highlighter graph. I like the Navionics for running spots with the trolling motor and the lakemaster for driving. The only problem is it takes two graphs to do that.