PDA

View Full Version : smelt!!!!

clubchamp
04-24-2011, 07:07 AM
Took my son smelting for the first time last night. We drove a long ways to get some. Ended up with 2 gallons worth, probably would've been cheaper to go and buy them at Elmer's with gas price the way they are, but watching my son bite the head off his first smelt was PRICELESS. We had a blast.

YooperTroll
04-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Manistique? I've heard they were getting some there...just haven't been able to get excited about the round-trip drive there and back.

clubchamp
04-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Yes, especially at 1:30am and 45 miles of road lined with deer everywhere. Must have seen 100 deer going there and coming back. We checked the Fishdam, Tacoosh, and Days and seen nothing.

YooperTroll
04-24-2011, 08:04 PM
Yes, especially at 1:30am and 45 miles of road lined with deer everywhere. Must have seen 100 deer going there and coming back. We checked the Fishdam, Tacoosh, and Days and seen nothing.

It's worth it to give a kid a memory like that. When I was a kid (back in the phat days of smelt), my dad would wake us up when the smelt were running in Thunder Bay in Alpena...let us skip school the next day to recover.

Memories. Good times.