PDA

View Full Version : Pymie action??

ttabaleulb
05-03-2011, 07:42 PM
I'm hopin to fish Pymatuning for the first time in a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone has heard any Musky reports lately. I plan to fish a few other spots while I'm in that area, but I definitely want to get some time on this lake.

toothyfishman
05-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Jay,

Got a tourney there on the 14th, give me a call the next day and I should be able to help you out some.....I hope!!! :rolleyes:
If you go before then give me a call, I imagine you'll be casting? I should be able to steer you to a few areas to try.

ttabaleulb
05-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Frank,

That would be perfect!! I'm thinkin about heading there the following week. I'll give you a shout. Yep, the plan is to cast my shoulder off. LOL Good luck in the tourney!!

ttabaleulb
05-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Ok guys. I'll be spending 3-4 days in NW PA to check out the Musky scene. I already have 1 day committed to Pymie. My issue is that with the research I've been doing, I've found about 4-5 other potential waters that sound promising. Unfortunately I'm not gonna have enough time on this trip to hit everything that I'd like.

I'm wondering if I should just focus on Pymie, Tamarack and Woodcock or if its worth it to hit a couple of the other lakes that are near there too. I'm just hopin to avoid a possible case of "the grass is always greener" thinkin I might have missed out on passin up another lake. LOL Thanks for any advice.

Jay

muskie52
05-06-2011, 01:34 AM
Pymy is a big lake. I personally would plan on at least 2 days there. It takes awhile just going from spot to spot with the hp restrictions (unless you plan on alot of trolling).

ttabaleulb
05-06-2011, 08:27 AM
You make a great point. I forgot how big that lake was until I started studying a lake map. Lots and lots of water. LOL We plan to hit Pymie early in the trip. So, if we happen to get some action, we still have a couple of days to either spend there or try another lake.

muskyjerk
05-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Forget Tamarack and think Woodcock if not worried about a trophy. Fisherie had a post about a 40+ lb muskie kept as recent as the past week on Pymatuning.

ttabaleulb
05-10-2011, 09:27 AM
I'm certainly not opposed to landing a trophy. LOL Honestly, I'm still so new to the sport that any size Musky still gets the blood flowin big time. Thanks for the advice. We'll definitely be putting some time in on Woodcock. I might have to at least stop by and check out Tamarack since it will be so close and I have read so much about it.

The tough part is that we only have a few days to fish. I'm startin to get the itch to use a couple more days of vacation for that trip. LOL