PDA

View Full Version : Coming up

scottwebster
05-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Ty,
My wife and I will be up this Thursday thru Sunday. Staying at Deerfoot. Stop over for a drink if you get a chance. I have the same boat so I am sure you will recognize it. So will everyone else I bet! What are you fishing out of this year? Hope to see you guys up there. I am also bringing up the bowfishing rig. Hopefully get some carp for the smoker.
Scott

Ty Sennett
05-15-2011, 09:18 PM
I think you picked a good time to come up. It's been pretty crazy as far as weather goes so the fish have been scattered but this week will drastically change the walleye and crappie bite. Should be great for the weekend.

I sold my boat so I've been either using my old guide boat or my parents boat until the new one comes in. I'll keep an eye out for you on the water or at Siskos.

scottwebster
05-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Had a pretty good weekend. Weather was spotty. Had to work a little harder for the crappies this time. Was surprised at how warm the water is. Also seems like weed growth is behind a week or so. Did manage to find plenty of crappies and the pike still like crappie jigs. Hope to bring Neil up sometime this summer.

Ty Sennett
05-24-2011, 06:54 AM
I'm surprised at how warm the water temps are also. The weird thing about the crappie is that most of them have not moved shallow yet. On calm evenings they are starting to stage for spawning out in twenty to thirty feet of water right on the surface. They are out in the middle of nowhere. My guess is that those are the females but what do I know. I just know I've probably hit quite a few with my boat the last few nights. I don't remember seeing them do that in years past.