PDA

View Full Version : May 27th report

Ty Sennett
05-28-2011, 09:44 AM
I did a half day trip in the morning with Paul Pobloki and his two buddies. We started early and fished until about 11:00AM. It was a really cold start with air temps in the low thirties. I kind of knew the walleye bite would be slow but we caught a bunch of pike to make up for it. Those guys were troupers and figured out the jig and minnow fishing right away. All in all we caught a lot of fish but not surprisingly none were walleye. I'm sure they went out later and caught the heck out of the walleye on the same spots. The walleye bite should be great now. We finally got rid of the notheast wind and got a warm front in.

Rachel, my buddy Rob and I went out in the afternoon and evening fishing for bass. As is tradition on the Friday before Memorial Day, first fish is a dollar, largest fish is a dollar, and most fish is a dollar. Let's just say lucky for Rob he caught the largest fish because Rachel and I put the smackdown on him. We fished about four hours and caught about forty bass. After some dinner on the lake we stopped and tried a spot for walleye and Rachel continued to put the hurt on Rob with a couple in the boat an losing another. I caught one also. Not bad for a ten minute spot. Looking back, Rachel caught a 19 1/2 inch smallmouth also on that spot. Maybe Rob shouldn't have got that largest bass dollar at dinner. I'll make sure to let him know today.

Good luck to everyone,

Mark Benson
05-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Good stuff, Ty!!! I am sure you are going scouting if you do not have any clients today. Sounds like you got the right game plan with what you are seeing from your bass and 'eye scouting. I am just looking forward to some warmer nights to keep the water from cooling so far each night. Gotta work for Manthie tonight and then tomorrow a.m., then hoping to chase some sumo smallies and skies!!! Be safe out there.

Mark

gemlover
05-29-2011, 07:30 AM
what are you looking for in terms of structure for the bass ty.

Ty Sennett
05-31-2011, 06:14 AM
Depends on smallmouth or largemouth. Smallies are on gravel right now or downed timber. Largemoth are up really shallow so they are pretty easy.