PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 6-04-2011

walleyemaxx
06-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Hi everyone,

Well my new Grand daughter brought me luck. I got a late start on Saturday with the phone calls and such to my kid to learn about her. I finally got fishing around 4P.M. I stsrted out fishing some of my favorite sunken bogs and the Walleyes are there. I caught one right away, about 15" and released it. I then proceded to catch 5 nice perch. I decided to see if there was anything going on in the weeds, and well there aren't much for weeds where I checked. They are starting to grow, but real low yet.

I'm a die hard jig the sunken bog guy, so back I went to the sunken bogs. This time I went to a different one and it took a while, but I caught two nice 21" Walleyes that were twins, and another Walleye at about 15" that I kept to go with the Perch. The 21"ers I released.I also lost more fish then I caught. The Walleyes were hitting real soft. They did not smack it. Rather they just grabbed on and held it. I would feel weight and that's it. The first few times I lowered my rod tip to let them take it, but they would feel the pressure change and drop it. I learned to set right away when I felt the weight. I also caught some Northerns and they did smash the jig. No doubt when they hit.

Everything was caught on a jig and leech. I didn't even try anything else because the jig and leech was getting a lot of hits. The weather was mostly sunny with 80+ degrees. We had a strong wind from the west southwest. To strong to anchor in the teeth of it. So I fished some of the many sunken bogs I know that were out of the wind. Still had plenty of wave action on the bobber rig. All the Walleyes were caught jigging and most Perch on the bobber rig. I still rig up my bobber rig with a JIG.

I'm headed out as soon as I get this report done. I have a picture of my Grand daughter that was emailed to me and I just marvel at the perfection. Sorry to brag so much, but she's my first. I guess I'll be bragging about her for a long time. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx