PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report 6-5-2011

walleyemaxx
06-06-2011, 05:05 AM
Hi everyone,

Well with the free weekend for fishing this weekend, there were a lot of people taking advantage of it. The weather sure did cooperate. hot and sunny. Saw lots of pontoons with kids fishing for panfish. Hope they all had a good time. Fishing was slow for most of the day for me. Then I found Walleyes in the only pattern that has been working. That is deeper wood. Caught Walleyes, Perch, and some big Blugills. Kept some for a fish dinner and released the rest.

Caught everything on jigs and leeches. The Walleyes are biting super light. Just feel weight on the line. They don't move when they grab it. I pulled one Walleye for a short ways before I realized there was a fish on. It just felt like dead weight. Water temps went up fast. Yesterday it was 65 degrees, today it went up to 75 degrees. With the abundant sunshine and no wind, the water warmed up fast. The weeds still are not up to high yet, but with lots of sun and warmer temps, they should start to grow fast. Then we'll see a weed pattern develope for the Walleyes. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx

JerkyJosh
06-06-2011, 11:19 AM
What size leeches do you think work the best?

walleyemaxx
06-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Hi Josh,

I use x-large and large for Walleyes, and small ones for Blugills. The Perch were nailing the bigger Leeches too. People don't realize this, but small Leeches are the best big Blugill bait there is. Fish deep wood right now Josh. When the weeds grow a little more like they should now with this weather, than you'll find Walleyes in the weeds. Use slip bobbers around the weeds and in the pockets in the weeds. That day you saw me when you were on the pontoon, there is a good weedbed to fish right there. Good luck.

Walleyemaxx