PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day

JetBoat George
06-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Well, this was a little suprise to my dad for Father's Day. KeepAmericaFishing.org picked up on the fish tale story that was in his local paper from last fall of fishing with my dad and son. Here's the link http://www.keepamericafishing.org/blog/article/the_one_that_didnt_get_away

Gotta catch some big stuff this year now :)

Mark Steinert
06-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Very cool!!

St Clair Hound
06-10-2011, 05:13 PM
That is a great story. Don't wait another 25 yrs. Make more memories. My father is now passed on and it was he who nutured and encouraged my love of muskie fishing. I cherish those memories I spent with him on the water. I am now trying to spend more time with my children. They are now grown and married ( no grandkids yet) and trying to spend time with them with all our busy schedules makes it that much tougher. How's that saying go " You don't know what you've got till it's gone". Make and enjoy the time together.

JetBoat George
06-10-2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the comments. Each year we are making new memories now...he still talks HIS catch to anyone who will listen. Louie Spiezio, Ron Murdock, & Cliff Honeycutt were all members (who took me muskie fishing or helped on the water that famous day for dad). Still surreal. Trying to get him to Lake St.Clair next!