PDA

View Full Version : June Meeting, Tuesday the 14th at Alum Creek

Rob VanGorder
06-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Our June meeting will be at 6 PM at the Marina Boat Ramp (Hollenback Road) at Alum Creek Lake. Weather forecast looks pretty good at this point. We will have a brief meeting on shore, and then hit the water for an evening of fishing. Channel 68 on the marine radio.

New members: Whether you have a boat or not, if you are interested in fishing with someone else from the club, let Cliff or me know and we will make sure you get a ride for the evening. This is a great opportunity to pick up some tips and pointers, or just to see how someone else attacks the lake. Last year one of our new members got his first muskie less than 10 minutes after we hit the water.

I've got two new members lined up already for my boat, and my goals for tomorrow night include putting them on fish and not having to tow anybody in to the dock. Today I landed a 26' sinking cigarette boat. Heavy load to tow. They don't move quite so fast when they're half full of lake water.

If you can't make the meeting Tuesday, remember that our Nite Bite Outing is coming up this Friday the 17th from 6 PM to 12 AM going out of the Marina ramp as well. Full moon this Wednesday, so if the weather cooperates later in the week it should be a great night to be out.

See you on the water,

Rob