PDA

View Full Version : FIRE THE NET MAN, wait thats me

earlyretirement
06-23-2011, 10:39 PM
fished the 22nd and 23rd, 15 hours total. Lost a small musky on the 22nd, only had it hooked for a couple seconds. Funny the fish kept going crazy on the surface even after it had thrown my lure.

23rd, raining pretty hard so i was casting downwind. Had on a mid to low 40 inch fish. Wind drifted boat onto fresh fish, I was lucky enought to get the fish out from under the boat and trolling motor. Then I drifted into the weedbed, managed to get the fish out of the weeds, then just about to net the fish when the hook pops out. One big lung with the net left me with half the fish in the net and half out. OK more than half out, bye bye fish. Apologies to any parents of small children in the area. New net this year, bigger, heavier and kind of sucks netting fish by yourself. Fish was near weeds again, but that is not exactly a hot tip since I have only been fishing next to or on weed beds. Kind of a self fulfilling prophecy.

Saw a weird thing today. Two bald eagles were going back and forth picking at each other while flying. This continued for a couple minutes. Then one eagle hit the other hard enough to knock it into the water. Then it dove into the water after the eagle it had knocked into the water. Both did fly away, but never seen that before.

Ty Sennett
06-24-2011, 06:14 AM
Sorry to hear about your luck.................or lack there of. At least you had some action.