PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
06-25-2011, 06:34 AM
The fishing action the past two days changed as much as the mayfly hatch. Thursday was an awsome day as far as panfishing goes as three friends and I spent the day out there working shoreline weeds with slipbobbers with small wire hooks tipped with a small piece of crawler. With the mayfly's surfacing here and there, we still managed our 40 panfish, and all nice ones at that, along with several legal sized smallies, which only one was kept for a taste test for my friends who have never ate one before. Friday, my old buddy and I started out working these same areas and came up almost empty on the panfish as the mayfly's were everywhere and most likely most fish were already filled up to the max. We did manage 3 keeper gills and we kept 4 big smallies for the grill out of these areas. We did however find a decent school of good sized jumbo perch holding tight to a big submerged stump and we came up with a dozen of them. We then tried one spot for some eyes and we found 2 of them on a wind blown weedy shore in 7 feet of water. That was it for fishing due to the fact that it was Miller Time.

wally1
06-25-2011, 11:13 PM
You can tell your buddy I know for a fact those smallies make excellent table fare, just as good as a walleye! If you don't want them, let me know, I'll take all you can get.

St Croix Kid
06-26-2011, 12:47 AM
Miller time!