PDA

View Full Version : Strange Year

therealdeal
07-04-2011, 08:34 AM
Hey all! Just got up here after the couple days of heat and it seems things have changed a bit. The lake seems to have warmed from the low 60's to about 73-74 over a matter of a week or two. The water level is high and it is still clear. Went out this morning after the bass and pike but with very little luck. Any of you having luck with certain colors this year?

Happy 4th!

DV17MAG
07-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Just got home from TFF, pink and chartruse have been my go to colors for eyes, perch and crappie this year. Found walleye on wind blown side of cabbage with fish up to 19" Crappie in the weeds on minnows with a few pike grabing the fatheads also. biggest crappie only 12" pike about 26". Perch were found on mud bottom just off the bogs. 10" average. Few bass off the stumps but none over 15". Muskies never showed themselves. I don't realy target bass or pike but would try a beetle spin with a pink head and white twister tail or chartruse rattle trap along wind blown rock shoreline or around stumps for bass. Pike, try reeds and cabbage with a chartruse slopmaster with white twister tail on it. While musky fishing with that you can't keep the pike away. Good luck! Let me know if this helps. JAY