PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for July 10-2011

walleyemaxx
07-11-2011, 07:37 AM
Hi everyone,

Got out for just a few hours. Had prior commitments to take care of. Fished from 10 A.M. to 2P.M. The Perch and Blugills were active but did not find any Walleyes. Not even a chewed up leech. Fished with jigs and leeches out in the deep sunken bogs then moved to some weed flats for about an hour. Lots of Perch and Blugills, but the Walleyes were waiting for a better offer. I would imagine the late afternoon and evening bite was good. Anybody who fished that time frame, let me know how you did.

The weather started out cloudy and actually rained for about 2 min. Than it cleared up amd turned down right hot. When I left, the truck thermometer read 88 degrees and my truck was in the shade. The water temp was 82 degrees. The morning started out with a nice breeze from the south, then that died and the sun just baked me. I remembered to roll over so I would burn evenly on both sides. The sun was brutal. Swimming is a good option right now. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx

JerkyJosh
07-12-2011, 08:45 PM
I did get out that afternoon around 4-5. My bro caught a nice 17 inch walleye pretty early into the night from one of the spots you showed us. Then it got a little slow. Tried fishing different areas, structers, and depths but the walleyes didnt seem to be biting too much. Did catch a lot of bluegills that were all keeper size, but we threw those all back. Probably get out Wed. or Thursday (weather permiting) and will report my results. Water temps were between 79-82.

walleyemaxx
07-13-2011, 08:42 AM
Hi Josh,

Thanks for that report. When you get a chance, go to the weed flat where we caught most of the Walleyes that night. They might still be hanging around there if the forage is still there. Keep some of those Blugills for a fish fry. Bring the kids. They will have a blast catching those bigger Blugills. Good luck.

Walleyemaxx