PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 7-16-2011

walleyemaxx
07-17-2011, 04:32 AM
Hi everyone,

Guided Jamie for a half day yesterday. Because of the extremely hot and humid weather, we waited unil 3 P.M. to start. But that was ok as we found the Walleyes to be cooperative. We caught a total of six keeping our limit of four and releaseing the other two. Also caught some real quality SM Bass and oodles of big blugills again.

Caught everything on jigs and leeches. had a slip bobber out, but that never got bit, so left it in the boat after a while. We had very hot air temps with very warm water temps at about 80. It clouded up for a while, but cleared off after about an hour, and the sun just baked us. luckily we had a good breeze from the south to keep the air moving. Caught every thing in deep wood. Tried weeds, but nothing going on there. Not even the Blugills. The Walleyes had small leeches in their mouth and we caught them in two spots, so the leech hatch is on. Going back today to see if the Walleyes are still chowimg down on them. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx

JerkyJosh
07-17-2011, 06:08 AM
Also got out yesterday with the GF's dad. We had 2 walleye, 1 perch, and 7 bluegills. Threw a bunch of bluegills and a few perch back. Caught all fish in one of the spots that you showed me last week, so thanks Tom.

walleyemaxx
07-17-2011, 06:42 PM
Hi Josh,

Glad to hear you did well. I caught 8 Walleyes today. Fished for 4 hours. Kept two for the pan. I'll post a full report tommorow. Having computer problems trying to upload pictures. Will have it figured out by tommorow. Did you help your brother fillet our catch yesterday? Or did you make him do it?haha

Walleyemaxx