PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 7-17-2011

walleyemaxx
07-18-2011, 08:01 AM
Hi everyone,

Had a very good day catching Walleyes yesterday. Fishing by myself I Landed 8 and lost a big girl at the boat. A mid 20 inch Walleye broke my line just before the net. I don't like to tire big fish to much because I'm going to release them any way. With the warm water temps, it's especially important not to tire them to much. I had the net in one hand and the pole in the other. She took one look at my ugly mug and made a panic dive. At least I saw her. Would have been nice to get a pic, but oh well.

Had many other hits that I missed and caught some really nice SM Bass and the usuall Blugills and a few Perch. All this in about 4 hours in the morning. It started out with a thick later of fog that hung around for a long time. Couldn't see more than maybe 50 feet. I went idle speed to my first spot and anchored. I could hear boats going at a high rate of speed and I know they can't see any better then I can. I could hear them coming at me getting louder and louder, than just before you could see them, they would veer off. Very scary. It took an hour before the fog thinned down enough to see any distance. The first three spots I fished were weed areas. Shallow weed flats with good drop offs to deep water. They produced only small panfidh, so it was off to the deep wood. I fished three deep wood spots and caught the Walleyes in all three spots.

I would have fished longer, but the sun popped out and the temps rose dramtically. I kept my next two Walleyes and headed in. The water temps were 77 degrees. The day before it was 80. The Walleyes mouth were full of tiny leeches and when I cleaned them, the Walleyes were full of tiny Perch fry. They are eating well. I caught all the fish on a jig and leech and a slip bobber rig baited with a leech.

I have three spots that have been producing Walleyes for me fairly consistently lately. If anyone needs a guide, shoot me an email and we'll set something up. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx

walleyemaxx
07-22-2011, 09:21 AM
Hi everyone,

Sorry no reports for awhile. Been putting the finishing touches on my book. Will be bringing the whole works to the printers on Monday. I'm pretty excited about it. Writting the book was more work than one might think. But I have the best editor in the world-My wife. The book will be a reality soon. I will be going to my Granddaughters baptism tommorow, Then back on the Big Chip Sunday for a half day guiding for Walleyes. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx