PDA

View Full Version : Dead fish on the Chip

Ty Sennett
07-20-2011, 02:29 PM
The water temps are getting up there and I saw a really nice fish dead yeasterday and heard there was another low fifty inch fish floating by Deerfoot. That doesn't mean don't fish for them but it does mean take extra care in handling the fish. Try to minimise the time out of the water if at all. Try to do all the unhooking while the fish is still in the net.

That being said, fish still die from time to time and who knows, maybe those fish were just casualties of age and not release mortality.

Good luck,

Lund4Fishing
07-22-2011, 03:49 PM
Ty, I agree with handle with care. People should make sure they have a small bolt cutter with and just cut the hooks if its going to take more than a shake or two to dislodge the hook. Replacing hooks is easy and could possibly save a fish or two.

Mark Benson
07-23-2011, 12:05 PM
It will be interesting to see what today's wind and rain will do short term on the water temps... I had 77*-79* on a couple of the deep clears here last night. Cut da hooks, keep 'em in da water, photos in da water, take 'em shallow if you can and let 'em go!!!

Mark