PDA

View Full Version : Humminbird Electronics Help Wanted

WI Women Fish
07-21-2011, 08:58 AM
I am looking to hire someone to help me learn my Hummingbird 998 C Si combo. ( on the water) Can you recommend anyone who does this?. I am willing to pay for your time if you can help. I know there is a guy who runs a business installing boat electronics and etc. but I don't have his contact info. If anyone can let me know who that is I could try to give him a call.

rk_diver
07-21-2011, 04:27 PM
I've done quite a bit of this, since Humminbirds side scan first came out (987c SI). I currently use the 997 but have worked with the other models as well (998/1100 series, etc). I usually either train from my boat (if for some reason you can't trailer yours here to Madison, or you haven't purchased a unit yet) where I have an 11 mile route setup on Lake Monona where I demonstrate how the side scan works, how to interpret what you're seeing, and show an array of bottom compositions, manmade (ie boats, cribs, and some things I have no idea what they are - but there's usually small mouth hanging around them) and natural structure. I show you what rock and rock bars looks like, marl depressions, drop offs, and of course fish. You'll see large schools of panfish 100' away from the boat (assuming of course they're in the same areas they historically have been, which they were by the thousands last weekend before the heat hit). You pay for the gas I burn, usually around 3 gallons for the 11 mile trip. If we take your boat, as it sounds like it is in your case, and we go to Olbrich on Monona, I don't bother with charging any gas for driving my truck, it's not that far. If you've got everything properly installed I'll set your unit up to match my setup. I'll need to drive your boat while you watch the side scan, as I duplicate the same things mentioned above from my boat. In some cases I've taken people out in my boat first, the later gone out with them in theirs and set their unit up, and did a refresher course. I'm flexible to whatever works the best for you. I've also given quite a few seminars on side scan, including some at Gene's spring shows. I've spent hundreds of hours running side scan (I'm way over 100 hours just for this year) and since I retired have started having to charge for my time. That's the part I hate doing, screwing around charging people. I figure $10/hour is more then fair, there, I made a decision! If you're interested shoot me an email at:
rk_diver@hotmail.com
If the address gets scrambled it's rk_diver, the "@" symbol, then hotmail.com, obviously all one word. Rick