PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 7-24-2011

walleyemaxx
07-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Hi everyone,

Guided Tim and his Grandson Noah for a half day today. Mixed bag was the theme for the day. Fishing my Walleye spots, we caught everything but. Even though we didn't catch any Walleyes, I showed Tim the spots so he could mark them into his GPS unit to fish for the rest of the week. The Bass were very active. We started out catching 10 SM Bass along with Blugills and Perch. in the first 2hours. In the evening, we caught several LM Bass along with Crappie, and a Northern. It was a fun time with good people.

We started out fishing the deeper wood humps on both the east side and west side. Not a Walleye to be found, but lots of everything else. Between the Bass and Panfish, we were busy. We were jigging and slip bobbering with jigs and leeches. Toward the evening we swithched tactics to casting crank baits. That produced several LM Bass, and the Northern. We fished weed bars with the cranks and found some of the weed bars very hevily weeded. A couple of weed bars were unfishable. Kept trying to find the weed edge but in one bay there was no edge. The entire bay is heavily weeded.

The water temps were right at 77 degrees all day with a heavy overcast sky to begin our trek, but the clouds dissapeared and we were bathed in sunshine till dark. Air temps were chilly, but comfortable. We had a NW wind most of the day that varied in wind speed but never got to strong. If any one needs a guide, I have openings. Remember that I encourage you to bring along a GPS unit so you can find the spots that I show you again. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx

JerkyJosh
07-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Pretty much the same report as you Tom. Fished for 1/2 hr. on Saturday before friends came out and caught one perch, nice one tho 10 inches. Fished Sunday morning in about every structure available and caught more perch and small mouth bass. Had a couple of nicer strikes but missed those. First time out since the hot weather, hoping to fish more this week.

Good luck fishing.