PDA

View Full Version : August 3rd and 4th report

Ty Sennett
08-04-2011, 04:55 PM
On the 3rd I had long time client Robert Boston out. We fished our butts off in the morning and had one big follow to show from it. That one followed deep and slow. Not what we were looking for. At lunch we picked up a family friend of Roberts and headed back out. Craig caught a 40 1/2 inch fish right away and besides some baking in the sun we had an otherwise uneventful afternoon. We called it quits and headed in but it was a good day with one in the net. Lots of good stories and memories.

This morning I had a four hour trip and we had action from two fish. Both were mid thirty inch fish. One hit a Ghosttail and got off and the other followed in a Slammer crankbait pretty aggressively with weeds still attached. Sure looked like it was going to hit but Ron pulled the bait out of the water. Happens. Who would think that a fish would hit with some weeds attached. Actually one of the biggest last year we caught the same way.

Good luck,

Mark Benson
08-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Never waste any cast... could be a follow or an eating fish, but they are weird sometimes. I seen a follow from a spinnerbait tangled in the leader after dark on L. Minocqua and came back with a creeper and watched it sip it from the surface like trout does a fly!!! 42" and PB from that lake. Found another spot jigging walleyes on Tomahawk, jig fouled and musky followed, no conversion, but another quality spot to fish...

Mark

RobertTB
08-05-2011, 10:38 PM
Nice. Somehow I managed to reply to the wrong thread. Derrrrr. I'll blame it on the late night hour.