PDA

View Full Version : next week's fishing report?

oct.fisherman
10-18-2011, 06:12 AM
I'm coming up next week starting Saturday. Just wondering is the feed bag still on for the walleyes and smallies. Looks like from the reports a week and a half ago the fish were chasing prey shallow. I bet the last cold snap has started the migration to the lake basins and deep creek channels.

Do the ciscos in the system spawn in the Fall on the rock humps near deep water on the last full moon of October?

Any fishing reports? I know it must be hard to get out with strong winds blowing.

David

I can't wait to get up there to the best place in the world

DonH
10-19-2011, 02:57 PM
I was looking at the DNR map and was wondering what the campsite designations meant.

I only see "A" used once just east of Blair Lake. I also only see one "G" which I assume means Group Site. Is that it, only 1 single Group Site on the entire TFF?

So what is the difference between campsites with an A, B, F, G, or R designation?

Hot Runr Guy
10-19-2011, 03:43 PM
I was looking at the DNR map and was wondering what the campsite designations meant.

I only see "A" used once just east of Blair Lake. I also only see one "G" which I assume means Group Site. Is that it, only 1 single Group Site on the entire TFF?

So what is the difference between campsites with an A, B, F, G, or R designation?

Does this help? http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/facilities/turtleflambeau/camping.html

DonH
10-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Thanks Hot Runr Guy:

Sorry I was so lazy. It won't happen again. Haven't camped in a few years (can't beat a dry, heated cabin), and after looking at the map, couldn't find a Legend to tell anyone what the different letter designations at the campsites meant.

I should have spent a couple of minutes and checked further, but thanks for your help.

My son and my grandson are talking about camping some day (with grandpa) so I'm actually looking for a campsite with the designation "H2SLCWF&BI" which obviously stands for Heated 2 Story Large Cabin With Food & Bar Included.

Hot Runr Guy
10-20-2011, 01:17 PM
My son and my grandson are talking about camping some day (with grandpa) so I'm actually looking for a campsite with the designation "H2SLCWF&BI" which obviously stands for Heated 2 Story Large Cabin With Food & Bar Included.

I keep looking for one with the designation: 2BNDWFAIF (2 Bedroom Nice Dock Walleye Filets Already In Freezer)

Hahaha, HRG

Tom502
10-20-2011, 02:36 PM
Don,

If you are looking at the DNR issued map, review the back side where there is a good explanation of the different types of camp sites.

Larrynrita
10-20-2011, 08:53 PM
The old designations were kind of a mixed bag, there were a couple A's for handicap sites, B's were the groups, C's had picnic tables, D's didn't.

The new designations are F for "family", they have picnic tables, R's are "Rustic", meaning no table, G's are the group sites. This past summer there were some of the new sites marked on the map but they weren't set up yet.... "some assembly required"???? They also tried to start on one end of the flowage and move across so the sites were somewhat in order.
By the way Don H, the "A" site east of Blair lake is a handicap site, we stopped in to check it out last summer. Not bad, it has a table but is shallow in front, and the trail to the bathroom goes halfway back to Mercer! I was expecting to come around the corner and see the Citgo Station! There are 2 still 2 free group sites (besides the 6 new pay sites), the one west of Long Island (old B-2) and the old B-1 across from the Governer's site east of the channel into Horseshoe...

Larry

Flambeau Vista Retreat LLC
10-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Good humor Larry. Thanks for the laugh!