PDA

View Full Version : Fitting end to 2011 season!

Jerry Tipping
11-30-2011, 09:30 PM
The winds were low, the sun was warm, and I had about a dozen minnows left in garage fridge in the minnow bucket. Not wanting to miss a chance for one last day on open water, and to make sure my fuel feeding my Yamaha was properly stabilized for the next 3 months I decided to give it one last go for the season. I launched at the Adams County Park ramp at 10 am and had to break through 3/4" of ice at the ramp and channel. Once my AlumaCraft ice breaker cleared the opening to the harbor I was up on plane and running. I only fished one spot that has been good to me this fall, and it did not disappoint me. My minnows lasted less than an hour, and I had three "keepers" and three nice perch for my efforts. All fish were females, full of eggs and returned to ensure the reproduction for many years to come. This was the least I could do for the enjoyment Castle Rock has extended throughout the year.
I really enjoyed the solitude on the lake today. No other boats, time to reflect on the past season and look forward to 2012.
I will post the totals of all fish caught during the 2011 season within a few weeks. These numbers will be all fish boated, kept, or released.

Stay tuned for the totals!

Keep a tight line!!!
Jerry

Matt M
11-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Good end to the 2011 season. looking forward to Spring. Now I Get to run the snowmobiles and have alittle fun in the snow. Keeping the line tight!!!
Matt M