PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Final result and reflections!

Jerry Tipping
12-07-2011, 05:03 PM
:)2011 was one of the best years I can recall in quite some time. My clients boated a huge number of fish of all species, and hopefully had a great time in the process. With the diversity of fish that "The Rock" and "Pete" have to offer, it is always a thrill setting the hook, not knowing what is on the other end of the line until it comes to the net.
The following is a list of all species caught this past season and totals of each:

Legal Walleye:292
"Shorties": 717
Slot Fish: 8
Crappies: 94
Perch: 39
Whitebass: 456
Northern: 34
Musky: 11
Smallmouth: 18
Largemouth: 2
Bluegill: 1
Sheephead: 28
Catfish: 138
Carp: 4

Total of all species: 1842

Thanks to all that shared the boat with me this year, and I hope I taught you a few presentation and locations for you to try so you can better enjoy your time on the water.
Thanks to all the log on to this message board. I hope the information was helpful to you as well.

Please accept my sincere wishes for a Safe & Happy Holiday Season!

I hope to have my Alumacraft on the water by the second week of March to kick-off the 2012 season.
Right now I am waiting for the ice to form on the Madison Lakes. If the weather holds I should be on before Christmas.

As always:
Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry

Luke McGarry
01-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Thanks for all your advice and reports this year... and past years.

From the tallies that you report for the year... now I know why I haven't caught anything this year! Just joking.

A big Smiley... :-)

I think I finally figured out the lake. A bit too late for 2011. But when I can mark fish on structure and get some hits, and then the next day the water is vacant, I can only surmise that they are all on the top 5 feet of the water column where my depth finder can't see em. Dark water--it makes sense. So, a change in my style is in order.

Hope to link up with you in 2012.
Happy New Year!

Luke

Jerry Tipping
01-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks Luke:
It was a pretty good year on both lakes, hopefully it will continue. The perch are really starting to make a come-back after their down cycle, might be good ice-fishing if we ever get safe ice. One good thing about this nice weather is, its ony 9 weeks until I reopen our place in Arkdale for 2012.

Keep a tight line!!!

Jerry