PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 1-07-2012

walleyemaxx
01-07-2012, 10:08 PM
Hi everyone,

Fished my favorite small lake close to home again tonight. It started out cloudy with a stiff west wind that died to nothing as the sky cleared and the temps dropped. The fish were not as active as they had been, but still had some action. Caught a total of 7 Walleyes with none making the 15" minimum, and 2 Perch. Had two flags on the tip ups and caught 1 Walleye on them. Had a Shinner minnow on that. Caught the rest of the fish jiging with a small spoon tipped with a minnow head. The jigging rap would call them in but they would not touch it. I quickly put the spoon down and they would hit it. Not aggresively, just a light slow tug. We had a cold front come in and I think the weather change made the fish very jittery. Lots of times I'd see a fish come in and go up to my offering slowly, then for no apparent reason swim down quick and dissapear.

Lots of people out tonight. Travel on the ice is very good. Some slush pockets but they just slowed me down slightly. Was able to keep going through them. Saw a truck out. but I personally would not do that. ice was about 10". Snow on top is about 4". I'll be at it again tommorow. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx

walleyemaxx
01-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Hi everyone,

Unable to get out fishing yesterday or today for that matter. The flu bug hit! The fish will have to wait until I get better. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx