PDA

View Full Version : Saturday and Sunday report

billybango
01-09-2012, 07:07 AM
We started our Saturday sunrise to sunset fishing outing with a stop at BaitShopGuys really busy place. We picked up a few lures and headed for the ice. We had between 3" and 7" of ice. I marked lots of fish early and late and nothing mid day. My nephew had one nice hit and a miss and I had one 14". One tipup got picked when I was checking bait on the other.

Sunday, we had to go to the BaitShopGuys place because my nephew "needed" a new lure! We got on the ice around 3:30 and fished untill just after dark. I had 2 nice hits and misses and the nephew had 2 fish iced in 5 minutes...on the lure he "needed" :-) One fish at 14" and one at 16", 4 tip ups had nothing.

We fished off Saunders Point in 25 fow to 35 fow. Glow Hot Perch Rapala, Glow Perch Moonshine, Mac Muffin Moonshine worked best 1' to 3' off bottom.

Thanks BaitShopGuy for the tips and "confidence building"! As always, great selection of baits and great service.

Good luck to all.

The Bait Shop Guy
01-10-2012, 10:17 AM
Thanks for the report, and for stopping in. We really appreciate the business. Yeah, Saturday morning was insane, but pretty typical for this time of year.

Glad you guys had some luck. Overall, it sounded like it was a very tough walleye bite this weekend, (heard some good perch reports, though.) Tip-ups seemed to be more productive than jigging. I got out Sunday and Monday evening, off the campgrounds, (just a heads up to anyone that parked there over the weekend - the entrance to the campgrounds has been gated off, so you'll have to park at the point or across from the power plant.) Marked between 15 and 20 fish Sunday. They were very lethargic, and I missed the two bites that I had that trip. Only marked 6 Monday evening, and never had a bite. My dad kicked my butt by catching a big perch and an undersized walleye! ;)