PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing report 1-15-2012

walleyemaxx
01-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Hi everyone,

Got out Sunday for an afternoon of ice fishing on a small lake in Vilas County. Travel on the ice was bumpy as slush is starting to form in some areas, but I was able to motivate through it to where I wanted to go. The fish were in their jittery mood again. Lots of lookers that stayed away from my offering then swim away. Today the small spoon tipped with waxxies is what tripped their trigger. Toward evening, it turned into the minnow head bite again.

Caught 10 Walleyes with none over the 15" mark,but half were close enough to measure. Over 14", but just short of 15". I also caught 6 Perch keeping 5 over 9" for dinner. The Perch are good quality this year. Didn't get a flag on the tip ups again. Everything jigging. The weather was mostly sunny which is why I think the fish were jittery. It is a very clear lake and even with snow cover, it gets bright in the water when the sun is out. The wind was blasting from the south which kept the temps actualy very mild in the high 20's all day.

With the fillets from Sat. combined with the Perch from Sunday, I had an excellent fish dinner. that's the just reward. Anyway that's what I tell the wife. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx