PDA

View Full Version : Fishing report for 2-12-2012

walleyemaxx
02-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi everyone,

Yesterday was the slowest day of the year. Fished the same small lake in Vilas County that I fished the day before but the results were drastically different. I had marks coming in all the time but they would just not eat. The lake is one of the better Musky lakes in the County and I have a feeling there might have been a few musky's hanging around the weed edge I was fishing. I fish the tip of a long sand bar that has a crib sunk at the very tip and has weeds growing all around it. It just happens to be a good spot to cast for musky's in the open water season. Friends and I have caught a few musky's through the ice there over the years as well. I was hoping that would happen yesterday. Would have made a good picture. Wound up with 1 Perch and 2 small undersized Walleyes and had just 3 other bites. They hit a small spoon with waxxies. the weather was warmer then the day before but still a high wind from he west and a high bright sunny sky. Ice is at 15" with some snow. I was able to get thru a slush pocket ok. Other then that the travel was good. Good luck fishing everyone.

Walleyemaxx