PDA

View Full Version : Sun. 2-19-12 report

raywriter
02-19-2012, 07:03 PM
Two friends went out this afternoon where I fished yesterday north of Kipling in 13 feet at a transition between deep water and shallower weedy flats. I could not go with them, but they called to give me a report. Again, a gold one-quarter ounce Rat-L-Trap worked well as an attractor. They saw a group of five walleyes on camera during mid-afternoon and later a school of six. They appeared to be fifteen to eighteen inch fish. My friends were fishing perch and made a decent catch, they were not set up for walleyes and did not catch any walleyes. They had to leave before prime evening hours walleye time. Our plan is to get out there about three p.m. one day this week and stay until after dark. That should Put us on some walleye action based on the fish we have seen lately. I usually stop at Bay View to talk to Chris briefly and get some 4 inch minnows when I'm after these nice eating-size walleyes. Wigglers on small Swedish Pimples have been working well for the perch. Remember to pound the bottom to stir some silt every few minutes. Good luck!