PDA

View Full Version : Walleye today Sun 3/18

smallmouth99
03-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Going to make you guys jellous. Caught over 25 big eyes today all over 20" with the biggest at 28". Ok so I was on Lake Erie. Caught them all between 8:30 and 10:00 this morning. Then the wind came up and blew me off the lake. It was like jerken perch.
When you live in central ohio you can do the last min. big water trips.
Can't wait to get into the smallies on TFF in late May. Hopefully will see some of you on the water.

MuskieRandy
03-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Check out the Fox River report on the "other" forum. They're catching all kinds of nice i's. Some guy got 3 10lb+ eyes. Sounds like a war zone though. All kinds of flaming about other boats too close, within casting distance. Guess there's a million boats, some within casting distance of each other. Not my kind of fishing.... I'll wait till May at the TFF

St Croix Kid
03-18-2012, 07:13 PM
We will take our two or three keepers on opener for the annual fish fry. Some venison steak. Sconni surf and turf

Luckyman
03-20-2012, 09:53 AM
Hey I grew up in Mercer and spend my summers fishing the TFF. I live in Florida during the winter and would love to fish Lake Erie for wallleye in June on my way back to my summer home in Mercer. Is there any chance you could take me out or connect me with a someone who fishes Lake Erie. I am flexible in fact I could wait till the bite is on before I drive up. I have been to Sandusky/ Cedar Point with my kids and fished once a few years back outta Huron and boated 17 nice fish all over 24". I lost contact with the guy who took me out and professional guides are not what I am looking for. I can return the favor somehow when you get up north this summer.

smallmouth99
03-21-2012, 04:12 AM
I do not have the boat for trolling. I do however know a few guys that do and may be able to "hook" up with. I will be going up to TFF the week of May 19th. Hoping to hit the timing right to get onto the smallies. I will be staying in the fishermans launch area so any help would be good.
Check back with me about a week before you head up and I will see if I can get you on the lake.