PDA

View Full Version : T.F.F. Update

Don Pemble
05-15-2012, 06:46 AM
Yesterday's afternoon trip with a couple of friends turned out to be a very successfull afternoon of walleye fishing. Using 1/16th ounce Reeves weedless jigs tipped with either 1/2 crawler or fatheads, we worked nothing but shallow wind blown wood and weeds mostly in 3 feet of water and boated somewhere in the neighborhood of 25 eyes. In one area, we worked a huge stump with giant roots and caught at least 6 eyes off of it. The weeds also held a good amount of fish as we pulled both eyes and a good number of pike out of them not to mention all the bite offs we had, one great afternoon.

Trailer work to take care off, back out in a couple of days, will keep you posted.

sureshot612
05-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Don sounds like you have been havin a good spring . have you been all over the flowage or what .how about thrown us a bone and narrow it a little bit . you know we all can't wait till you put up your next post . i think you should do what the tiny fisherman does and take a picture of were your at and we guess the spot ,just kidding Don just trying to get a head start on next week , we hit the forage on sat. and we wood like to delete a lot of dead water . stain at lake view and if if you see me or if we see you stop and say hi [red and white sylvan most the time just out with the dog ] oh and do you still hang out in town if so we should hook -up and get a cold one or two . good fish in to all anybody else want pull -up and say yo just go easy on the wake . [blue are going to spend any time up there next week] 8hrs of work left and then the R&R starts .

FraudDog
05-15-2012, 07:54 PM
I appreciate everything Don has provided in his reports. I would LOVE it if he also gave me the GPS coordinates - LOL. I understand Don has worked hard for his knowledge and respect the fact that he shares anything with us newbies is a great thing. We will not get to Joe Miller's campground until the first week of June, but will be staying the entire summer so I hope to run into (- not literally) many folks from this forum.

Good fishing to all and be safe out there.

Don Pemble
05-15-2012, 08:39 PM
All I can tell you is that I've been working the wind blown shorelines and bays the last couple of days, and they have been very productive, 3 to 4 ft. in depths along with wood and weeds are a real big factor, I don't carry a camera like many others so you will have to figure it out as to where the hot bite is happening, I will say that I'm fishing close enough to shore that boats have a hard time running between my rig and shore. Wind blown shorelines equals baitfish which draws eyes and all other preadators. I don't carry a GPS or side screening stuff for locating fish, I do it the old fashion way, work the waves to it's best and look for positive results. If it's blowing and the waves are in the white cap stage, fish will be shallows.

Hot Runr Guy
05-15-2012, 09:32 PM
I appreciate everything Don has provided in his reports. I would LOVE it if he also gave me the GPS coordinates - LOL.

I've been out with Don in the past. I'd give here a try 41.948064,-87.656307

HRG

sureshot612
05-16-2012, 06:59 AM
we were out with Don a few years ago and it was a great time .and its good to know that he is a real fisherman , will see you all on the water on sat. 8hrs of work left today and then we are off looking forward to some good fishin food and ticks

sjguzin
05-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Every year I get excited reading all these posts on how to catch the fish. And every year I'm never able to put it together on the water... I figure that eventually all this knowledge I'm trying to store in the back of my head will pay off. Nonetheless, I have a blast and it beats working anyday! Was reading on a different post about getting identifiers for the people attached to this forum... When I figure out something unique and identifiable, I'll post so you can all see the non fish catchin Pollock in his little 14' put put.

But thank you to all that post information like Don does, I find it very beneficial.

skumboy95
05-16-2012, 01:52 PM
I've been out with Don in the past. I'd give here a try 41.948064,-87.656307

HRG

No, no that's too far south - plus that place is cursed!

If at the end of the day, all else fails, try here:

46.449778,-90.179456

luv2brw
05-17-2012, 07:52 AM
I've rocked at those coordinates many a time!! ;)