PDA

View Full Version : Linesville Baitfish Update!

HD Fatboy
05-17-2012, 05:07 AM
Cut and Pasted from another Forum, as you see, I was asked to update other forums, Glad to help out!

Mike

The hatchery at Linesville received the first shipment of minnows yesterday. 2lb of golden shiners.71.42 lb. Black Tuffie feeders.252lb. Black Tuffie. The golden shiners are being used as a trail to see how they do compared to other baitfish. Cost of the first shipment $2000.04. Thanks to everyone envoled in the project. HD please copy this to other forums.

toothyfishman
05-17-2012, 08:25 AM
That is awesome..........

I like having an update knowing what your getting for the monies rasied.

HD Fatboy
05-17-2012, 08:34 AM
That is awesome..........

I like having an update knowing what your getting for the monies rasied.

Agreed!!!!!

It may not be 100% my place to post this, but there was many lure makers, guides, retriever makers, and others by posting and donating that helped out this cause.

You all know who you are, so I just want to give Kudos to everyone who has been making this happen!!!!!!

I hope I did not overstep

Mike

Red Childress
05-17-2012, 08:50 AM
I see no problems with the updates whatsoever.

Ivan
05-17-2012, 12:02 PM
This is just the first delivery of minnows. The Three Rivers Chapter is buying a total of $4000 worth of minnows for this year's muskies at the Linesville Hatchery. A good portion of that money came from fund raising efforts (thanks to everyone involved) and the rest from a grant the club applied for. There will also be some money left over in the minnow fund that the club will roll over for next year's support of the hatchery.

This all happened pretty fast and it worked out well. Seems like we went from the idea of raising money to buying minnows in just a few months. Thanks for your support and quick action.

Adam Andresky

Ivan
05-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Also, with the early spawn and culturing of muskies this year, the little muskies will have about an extra month to eat minnows and grow before they are stocked this fall. The hatchery is expecting to have some nice big fingerlings to stock.

Red Childress
05-17-2012, 12:49 PM
I am looking forward to hauling a few thousand of them around this Fall and placing them in their new homes.

HD Fatboy
05-18-2012, 04:51 AM
Thanks for the additional information Adam.

HD Fatboy
07-17-2012, 04:49 AM
I am not keeping up on the updates like I should!

Here are the latest updates, Sorry for missing them and not posting them quickly!

Posted on another site 6/13/2012
Went to the hatchery yesterday with Joe Houck, they are doing a article for the angler about the mimmow fund. Got to talk with Rob Brown. The muskies are doing fine and he will move them outside in July. Rob has room to put them in an area that is protected by bird netting .30,000 muskies can eat and grow safely. The minnows we purchased in may are reproducing and doing fine They are filling 2 more ponds for minnows and will order the next shipment in about 2 weeks. Everything looks good and again thanks to everyone who made this possible.

Posted on another site 6/28/2012

On 6/25 the hatchery received 88lb black Tuffies and 69lb Black Tuffie feeders . The cost was $1002.20 for this shipment.Rob said he will place another order in 2 week for the remaining baitfish. The musky are doing good they are about 4 inches long and they have started them on some baitfish. We have two more lure packages to go on ebay a little later this year. Thank you all

Posted on another site 7/9/2012
The hatchery received 142 lb Black Tuffie feeders at a cost $ 994.00 . Rob said the musky are 4.5 inches long ,heavy and have very good coloring.He said they are eating more than expected. I will have a full report to follow

Sorry all for missing the updates. But better late then never!

Larry Jones
07-18-2012, 07:00 AM
Since I have a free day I'm making a trip to Linesville Hatchery to check out the muskie stocking program there and the minnow project.This is a fact finding trip to see if anything being done there that is an improvmemt for better muskie fingerling growth can be suggested to Prendergast Hatchery personnel. I want to take a close look at how the minnow raising project is doing to see if this is an effort worth trying at Prendergast Hatchery as well.This year we will purchase $3000 in extra fathead minnows for the Prendergast Hatchery muskie stocking program,money raised from the Chautauqua Tourneys

Larry Jones
07-18-2012, 05:02 PM
The Linesville Hatchery muskie fingerlings look to be 4 1/2 to 5 inches and eating machines.
Minnows it's hard to tell if the minnows in the ponds are eating each other or not. Going to have to make another trip in two weeks to get a better look on how things turn out,looks good so far.