PDA

View Full Version : Petenwell

dpear
05-20-2012, 07:17 AM
Received a day one report and it sounded a bit slow with 5 fish being registered.That's the so-so news.The good news is Todd and his tourney(including all participants and sponsors) once again raised a lot of $$ for Operation Muskie.Sounded like over $1500.Thanks much Todd!
Let's hope we get a better fishing report later today.I gave a bit of unsolicited advice to one team so they are out for sure.:o

lambeau
05-20-2012, 08:41 PM
we need a ruling...
team Green / Wiegand snagged one 30lb carp.
team Spoerl / Winther snagged one 2lb drum.
they've got it on pounds, but since it was a "common" carp, we might have them on originality.
but Wiegand did cast directly at the carp, so he gets credit for effort whereas we were trolling/sleeping.
however the drum was hooked in the mouth, so the drum gets credit for effort which should transfer to us, right?
no eelpout were harmed while losing this tournament.
anyone know a lawyer who can parse this out?

always a fun event, Todd puts on a superb show with an awesome banquet and raffles.
the Operation Muskie raffle initially raised $1425, and when Todd announced they needed $75 to "send a vet" the crowd chipped in another $200 plus.
i overheard one guy buying tickets and saying, "this is the only raffle i don't care if i win or not...because we all win on this one."

dpear
05-20-2012, 09:01 PM
Ruling: Spoerl wins.You are disqualified for failure to respect your elders in an unrelated matter.Weigand is disqualified for intentional snagging despite the fact it was clearly the biggest fish he ever has or ever will catch.I'm sure he's planning on mounting it anyway.Green loses but does get a combat ribbon for surviving Weigand.